By Michael Hollinger
Directed by Beth Hughes-Brown
9 Actors (3 Men – 3 Women – 3 Flexible) – All Open
- The Providence Players of Fairfax is a non-profit community theater troupe. All participation is on a volunteer, non-compensated basis.
- The Providence Players of Fairfax is a membership organization. Membership is not required to audition. If cast, actors in addition to production team members will be asked to become members of the Providence Players ($10) for the season (if they are not already).
If You Plan On Auditioning – Please RSVP to email@example.com
Characters From Director Beth Hughes-Brown: As those of you who have been cast in shows I’ve directed in the past are aware, I’m flexible in that I don’t necessarily cast “by the book,” i.e., use the ages (and sometimes sexes) suggested by the playwright. For general guidance, here are Mr. Hollinger’s words (mostly).
Maggie Pelletier: (Script says mid-30’s) Sharp, attractive lady cop. Always gets her man. In love with Frank, but not quite ready to marry him—she has a case to close first.
Frank Keller: (Script says mid-30’s) [Also plays Priest.] G-man.
Lynn McCarthy: (Script says early-20’s) [Also plays Clerk.] Daughter of Senator Joe McCarthy. Naïve, but learning fast.
James Appel: (Script says early-20’s) [Also plays Woody, the crime photographer; and Harry, a Georgia-accented coroner] He’s wooing Lynn, but he’s also a nice young Russian spy.
Mrs. Kravitz: (Script says late 40’s/early-50’s) [Also plays Mrs. McCarthy and Mrs. Van Nostrand, the bridal shop clerk] Landlady and secret lover of Andrei.
Andrei Borchevsky: (Script says late 40’s/early-50’s) [Also plays Petey, the second G-man who works with Frank; and Herbert, the Casper Milktoast husband of the bridal shop clerk] A slickered middle-aged fisherman—or is he?
Super 1, Super 2, Super 3—The three Supers are required to be masters of physical comedy. They may play the Announcers, the Bartender, Dr. Kasden, Major Hartwell, and/or sing jingles. They will also change sets and occasionally serve as props.
Performance Dates and Times
Preview: June 2nd, 2016 7:00pm Curtain
Evening Performances:Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays; 7:30 pm Curtain
June 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18
Matinees: Sundays; 2:00 pm curtain
June 5 & 12
Audition Dates and Times
Fri March 4th 7 – 9:30 pm (In the James Lee Community Center Theater)
Sat March 5th 1 to 4 pm (In the James Lee Urbanites Room)
Call-Backs (by invitation):
Mon March 7th 7 – 9:00 pm (In the James Lee Community Center Theater)
The James Lee Community Center
2855 Annandale Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
- PLEASE RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date you plan on auditioning.
- HOW WE WORK: Most PPF auditions have actors up and down to read multiple times in multiple combinations and scenes. Most actors find this fun. As space allows, you will be able to watch all the auditions. You may be asked to go into the hallway with audition partners and work a bit on a scene. We will do our best to get you up multiple times reading for parts you are interested in. You will also be asked to read for other parts you may not be auditioning for. The Providence Players strives to make our productions open to interested and engaged actors & actresses, regardless of their level of experience. We try and make our auditions as relaxing and fun as possible.
- AUDITION PROCESS: Auditions will consist of readings from the script – The director encourages but does not require a 1 to 3 minute comedic monologue. Or you can tell a joke. Or do something else that’s funny. This normally works to your advantage, as it will give you an opportunity to make us laugh.
- AUDITION SIDES: Sides for the audition process will be supplied at auditions.
- AUDITION FORM: Resumes and head shots will be accepted, but are not required. Please Click on this link and ALSO COMPLETE the attached PPF Red Herring Audition Form and bring it with you to the audition.
- MEMBERSHIP: The Providence Players of Fairfax is a membership organization. Membership is not required to audition. If cast, actors in addition to production team members will be asked to become members of the Providence Players ($10) for the season (if they are not already).
- RSVP: Please send us an RSVP if you plan to audition to email@example.com (or email us any questions you may have).
Call-backs (by invitation) Monday March/7: 7-8:30
- T,W,Th May 3,4,5: 6:45-9:30
- Sat May 7: 9am-6pm; Sun May 8: 9-6
- M,T,W,Th May 9, 10,11, & 12: 6:45-9:30
- Sat May 14: 9am-6pm; Sun May 15: 9-5 (Mothers’ Day)
- T,W,Th May 17, 18,19: 6:45-9:30
- Sat May 21: 9am-6pm (or later=tech); Sun May 22: 9-5 Tech
- M,T,W,Th,F: May 23, 24,25,26,27…Sat May 28: 9-6
- Tues May 31:5-10, Wed & Th June 1 & 6/2: 5-11
Preview Performance Thurs 6/3 at 7:00 PM
Th,F, Sat (6/3, 6/4,6/5, 6/9, 6/10, 6/11, 6/16, 6/17, 6/18) at 7:30; Sun (6/5& 6/12) at 2 pm
Please come to auditions prepared to list any availability conflicts over this time period. Space is provided on the audition form for this purpose.