The following page outlines some of the mitigation steps Providence Players of Fairfax is taking to keep all of its patrons and volunteers safe for live performances beginning in October. All activity is in accordance with regulations from the Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Virginia Department of Health, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Maintain 6-foot social distance, whenever possible
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Wear a mask, whenever possible
- Do not attend a rehearsal or live performance if you are experiencing symptoms.
If You Have Symptoms, Please Stay Home
For the Safety of our Patrons, Ushers and Box Office Volunteers
We have gone to great lengths to ensure that audience members and volunteers are safe during performances of The Parking Lot:
- Performances will take place outdoors (in the parking lot of The Italian Café).
- There will be a maximum of 75 audience members per performance.
- Mask-wearing is required when moving through the audience or performance spaces. (Masks are not required when eating or drinking.)
- No tickets or ticket stubs will change hands.
- Any waiter or volunteer handling food or beverages will use masks and gloves.
For the Safety of our Actors, Directors and Technical Crew
To mitigate risk to the greatest extent possible, we are implementing safety measures for all participation in Providence Players productions. Here are the rules that were set for all volunteers involved in this production:
- Performers, directors and stage manager have all been fully vaccinated, as well as other production crew.
- The production crew will apply disinfectant to appropriate rehearsal and performances space surfaces prior to activities including door knobs, handles, light switches and bathroom fixtures.
- All equipment and props handled by volunteers will be sanitized before rehearsal or prior to performances (e.g., lighting/sound equipment, headsets, props).
- PPE is available if needed (hand sanitizer, masks, gloves).
- Everyone must wear a mask upon arrival and will continue to do so when not rehearsing or performing, or not able to socially distance from others during breaks and intermission.
- Every participant washes hands or uses hand sanitizer prior to rehearsal or performance.
- Cast members have a designated area, socially distanced from others, where they can keep their personal items and sit when not rehearsing.