We are a small theater company, but we have one big and important value at the core of who we are: “commitment to community.” We take that seriously.
As a result of the Coronavirus, we know that people are being impacted in significant ways:
- Risk of a life-threating illness
- Anxiety and fear
- Lost wages – due to furlough or layoff
- Lack of access to the essentials (food, medicine)
- Social isolation and loneliness
And though we can’t address all of these issues, we can provide some support to those who do.
Today, we announce that we have established a COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund and will apply all donations given to us to help support those negatively impacted by this crisis. We have received donations in the form of donated tickets from show cancellations and are asking you to join us now to increase the impact these donations will have. We will apply the value of these donated tickets to match all donations made to help others in our community during this pandemic.
We will contribute to two local, community-focused nonprofit organizations committed to the health and well-being of the poor and vulnerable in Fairfax and Falls Church: children, seniors and families in need.
- Falls Church Community Service Council, which provides needed human services to poor and disadvantaged individuals and families in the Falls Church community. The assistance primarily is for short term and emergency needs with the overall mission of helping individuals and families achieve self-sufficiency, an improved quality of life and avoid homelessness
- FACETS, dedicated to serving our neighbors who suffer the effects of homelessness, poverty, and hunger in Fairfax County.
We are a healthy and well-managed organization. We expect to weather this storm. The entire board of directors has decided that, even in a small way, we can help make a difference in people’s lives during this health crisis. And though we can’t inspire you with a stage presentation of the human condition during this this time of physical distancing, we can extend and apply our resources to help those in need.
As a reminder, please take the necessary steps to keep you and your family safe. Please follow the CDC guidelines, and the Department of Health for your specific location. For those in Falls Church, Fairfax or surrounding area, you can learn the latest information from Inova’s COVID-19 advisory, click here.
We wish you and yours health and safety during this difficult time.
Jayne L. Victor
President, Board of Directors
Providence Players of Fairfax
Providence Players of Fairfax is organized as a Virginia nonprofit corporation and is exempt from tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. As a charitable organization, we are registered with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. A financial statement is available upon written request from that department’s office of Charitable and Regulatory Programs.