Audition Dates/Process/Additional Information
Tuesday, February 15, 7-9:30pm
Wednesday, February 16, 7-9:30pm
Thursday, February 17, 7-9:30 pm (call backs)
- Please prepare a 2-3 minute comedic monologue. This is strongly encouraged, but not required.
- Auditions will also consist of cold readings from the script.
- No roles are pre-cast.
- Audition sides will be provided at the auditions.
- Resumes and headshots are not required, but are welcomed. Forms will be available at the time of the auditions for personal and contact information.
- The Providence Players welcomes both experienced and inexperienced actors. We try and make our auditions as relaxing and fun as possible.
- If cast, actors will be asked to become Providence Players members ($10).
The James Lee Community Center
2855 Annandale Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
From the Director
Play On! is a hilarious story of a theater group trying desperately to put on a play in spite of maddening interference from a haughty author/ess who keeps revising the script. Act I is a rehearsal of the dreadful show, Act II is the near disastrous dress rehearsal, and the final act is the actual performance in which anything that can go wrong does. When the authoress decides to give a speech on the state of the modern theatre during the curtain calls, the audience is treated to a madcap climax to a thoroughly hilarious romp. Even the sound effects reap their share of laughter. [Courtesy of Samuel French.com]
Performance Dates And Times
Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:30 p.m.
May 27, 28, Jun. 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11
Sunday Matinees 2:00 p.m. May 29 & Jun. 5
Play On! Character Summary
Aggie Manville – a stage manager and prompter – any age
Geraldine/Gerry Dunbar – a director – over 30 years old
Louise/Louie Perry – an overworked sound, light, and sound technician – any age
Phyllis/Phil Montague – a somewhat eccentric novice playwright – between 42 and 57
Henry Benish (Lord Dudley) – Leading man – mid 50’s
Polly Benish (Lady Margaret) – A “diva” somewhat concerned and teased about her weight – mid 50’s
Marla “Smitty” Smith (Doris the maid) – pretty but awkward – quite young
Saul Watson (Dr. Rex Forbes – the villain) – 45-50 years old
Billy Carewe (Stephen Sellers) – future leading man – looks 25-35
Violet Imbry (Diana Lassiter- an Ingénue) – looks 25-35