Message from the Providence Players Board President, Kevin Harnisch
Happy Holidays! On behalf of our Board of Directors, I wish you a very festive season.
We have a great way to kick off the celebrations with our upcoming holiday show Dash: The Musical! This is the world premiere of an original musical for children of all ages. As has been our tradition, this year-end production is co-produced with The Young Hearts Foundation, which provides support to children and young adults whose lives have been affected by serious illness or loss. A portion of the proceeds from the musical will go to support the Young Hearts foundation and its important mission. We are proud of our partnership with this very worthy organization at this special time of year.
It has already been a momentous past couple of months for the Providence Players. We had a very successful production of our previous play, Deathtrap. Our audiences have come back to near pre-pandemic levels and our audience reviews, including comments like “What a gift to have such a high caliber, professional level community theater group right here in Falls Church” continue to be very encouraging.
On October 24th, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors honored Providence Players with a Special Recognition Resolution for our 25+ years of contributions to the arts. We were honored for bringing community theater to life with productions of artistic excellence through community involvement. Supervisors Penny Gross and Dalia Palchik were effusive in their praise of our organization and Board Chairman Jeffrey McKay expressed appreciation for our accomplishments and longevity. Below is a photo of the resolution plaque presentation, and please take time to watch the presentation video.
We are proud to have provided quality, affordable theater to our community for 25 years. We are grateful for your ongoing support, and we look forward to seeing everyone at our Holiday Party on January 20th, 2024.
President, Board of Directors
Our April Offering: Surviving Grace, by Trish Vrandenburg
Surviving Grace is the playwright’s personal story about the emotional ups and downs of a daughter’s experience as she cares for her mother with Alzheimer’s. With great humor and authenticity, it is a moving, honest, and irreverent portrayal of the struggles between an in-your-face parent and a tough-but tender daughter who learns just what it takes to care for someone you love – no matter how difficult it may be. The play contains mature themes.
Performance Dates and Times
Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:30 p.m.
April 12 – April 27
Sunday Matinees 2:00 p.m.
April 14 & 21
The PPF Holiday party will take place on Saturday January 20th, 2024. Details to follow but be sure to mark it down on your calendar.
- Congratulations to Han Nguyen, one of the young cast members in The Beatle Club. Marshall High School holds a Winter One Act Festival of Plays by their students. Not only is one of the plays to be performed written by Han but her play was also chosen for submission to the Virginia High School League One Act competition. Our budding playwright will have her play performed January 25th – 27th, 2024.
- Sending best wishes to long-time member, and PPF WATCH rep., Mario Font for his Dominion Stage directorial debut. He will direct Torch Song by Harvey Fierstein. The play runs from January 6th to February 10th. Break a leg!
- Welcome New members: Lynne Barstow, Lorena Dujmusic, Barbara Lavine, Deirdre Gyr Turshen, and Ross Whitely. Welcome to Providence Players!
- Renewing members include: Angela Cannon, Marjorie Clark, Ingrid & Patrick David, Joe & Jerry Gargiulo, Roberta Lisker, Dean Reichard, Barbara Schelstrate and Matt Williams.
- If your membership is lapsed and you wish to renew, you can click here.
Want to join in the fun? Here are two ways to let us know!
- Send an email directly to email@example.com and we will pass along your interest to the Directors.
- Complete the Member Interest survey. To get started just click the link below, take 5 minutes, fill out the form and hit send! We will review your interests and reach out to you when opportunities present themselves.
We look forward to working and playing with you!
(Have an update you would like to share with your fellow members? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Member Update” and we will include it!)
(In a show with another company? Join our Facebook Group page. Share the news!)
Click here to see a list of previous WEBLetters.
WEBLetter Editor: Tina Hodge Thronson