Music by Barbara Schelstrate
Book and Lyrics by Deborah Davidson
In this world-premier, holiday musical fantasy, reindeer sing and dance, Mrs. Claus has a cooking show, and the elves just might do a Christmas “rap.” This Christmas, Dash decides it’s his turn to lead Santa’s sleigh, and the whole North Pole is transfixed as he challenges Rudy for the honor. A family-friendly, original musical written by Providence Players members Deborah Davidson and Barbara Schelstrate.
Providence Players of Fairfax is:
- A non-profit community theater troupe. All participation is on a volunteer basis. No members of the cast or crew are compensated.
- A membership organization. Membership is not required to audition. If cast, all actors (and in fact, all volunteers), are required to become members of Providence Players of Fairfax ($25 per individual or $60 per family – three or more) for the season (if not already a member).
Providence Players is casting 12 roles (6 female, 6 male). No roles are precast, and all roles are open. All backgrounds, ages, ethnicities welcome and encouraged to audition! Download both documents: Audition Announcement and Audition Form (in word and pdf).
James Lee Community Center
2855 Annandale Rd
Falls Church, VA 22042
Audition Dates (You only need to come to one):
Wednesday, September 13, 7:00 pm
Thursday, September 14, 7:00 pm
Callbacks will be Tuesday, September 19 at 7:00 pm.
PLEASE RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date you plan to attend.
Performance Dates & Times (at James Lee Community Center)
- Preview: Thursday, December 7
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:30 p.m. (December 8, 9, 14, 15, 16)
- Saturday & Sunday Matinees 2:00 p.m. (December 9, 10, 16, 17)
About the Characters
- DASH, a reindeer better known as Dasher, but he likes “Dash” better
- DANCER, a reindeer and Dash’s charming and intelligent wife. Doubles
as DI THE ELF
- DONNER, the Team Dash lead reindeer. Doubles as BRICK THE ELF
- BLITZEN, a Team Dash henchdeer. Doubles as PABLO THE ELF
- SILVIA, the Chief Elf and a Team Dash tagalong—to even up the teams
- RUDY, a reindeer better known as Rudolph, but what rhymes with “Rudolph”?
- VIXEN, a reindeer and Rudy’s equally charming and intelligent wife.
Doubles as SMYTH, a videographer
- PRANCER, the Team Rudy lead reindeer. Doubles as BYTE THE ELF
- COMET, a Team Rudy henchdeer. Doubles as SLUGGER THE ELF
- CUPID, a Team Rudy reindeer tagalong. Doubles as POSY THE ELF
- MRS. C., otherwise known as Mrs. Claus
- SANTA CLAUS, no introduction needed
Please be prepared to sing 16-32 bars of a song that best showcases your singing ability and vocal range. Bring sheet music; an accompanist will be provided. We’ll also ask you to do a simple dance combination—wear clothes you can move in. You may be asked to read from the script–no prepared monologue is necessary.
Music rehearsals begin in late September; full script rehearsals start October 30.